Breakdown cover automatically includes UK and Europe roadside assistance and home start. It provides up to one hour on-site service for any driver or recovery following an accident and onward travel for up to six passengers.
- The driver must remain with the vehicle
- You will asked to provide details of the vehicle, nature and location of breakdown, and number of passengers
- A local breakdown company will attend the breakdown
- Family and friends will be alerted by SMS message and assistance provided to make arrangements for alternative travel or overnight accommodation can be provided.
This is a 12 month UK and Europe motor vehicle breakdown insurance policy with no upper age limit.The main aspects of the policy include:
Cover for cars and motorcycles of 150cc or over, and vansup to a gross vehicle weight of 7500kgs.
Unlimited call outs during any 12 month period.
Breakdown assistance and recovery in Europe
- Spare part location and dispatch
- Replacement vehicle up to 14 days
- Emergency accommodation up to £30 per person per night
- Vehicle repatriation to the UK up to £2,500
- Vehicle import duty
Subject to there being a serviceable spare tyre
There is no activation period.
A 14-day cooling-off period
During this time you may cancel the policy without incurring a penalty.
- The vehicle must be kept in a safe and roadworthy condition, regularly maintained and serviced
- Overnight accommodation for the driver and up to six passengers if the vehicle cannot be fixed on the day.
- Limited to £30 per person whilst vehicle is being repaired up to a maximum 2 nights and £150 total
- Covers wheel changes so long as you have a serviceable spare tyre or fixing kit and unlocking key if needed
- Covers the vehicle meaning any person that is insured to use the vehicle and has permission from the policyholder to drive is covered
- Autohome reserve the right to withdraw the service if it is abused, misused, or the vehicle is inadequately maintained
Significant exclusions and limitations
- The premium is not refundable after the 14 day cooling-off period.
Costs of any service not arranged or agreed by Rescue Control Centre are not covered.
Costs of the parts, components and materials used to repair a breakdown are not covered. You will be advised of this cost before installation.
- Severe and unusual conditions rendering access to the vehicle, such as off-road, sand, snow, or if specialist lifting equipment is required, may mean the service is unavailable and recovery may be arranged but will carry an extra cost.
- Transportation may not always be available for vehicles without adequate provisions for towing, winching or securing it to a transporter (e.g. modified vehicles).
- You must provide details of any intended European travel to your motor policy insurer (your insurers must have agreed to extend you motor policy) for the European service to operate.
Service for vehicles used in racing, pace making, speed testing or any reliability trial, rally or competition.
Rescue Control Centre deliver the service. Cover is underwritten by Autohome, a major UK insurance provider.
*Premium includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current prevailing rate.