UK and Europe Breakdown Assistance
How it works
Breakdown cover automatically includes UK and Europe roadside assistance and home start. It provides up to one hour on-site service for any driver or recovery following an accident and onward travel for up to six passengers.
- The driver must remain with the vehicle
- You will asked to provide details of the vehicle, nature and location of breakdown, and number of passengers
- A local breakdown company will attend the breakdown
- Family and friends will be alerted by SMS message and assistance provided to make arrangements for alternative travel or overnight accommodation can be provided.
This is a 12 month UK and Europe motor vehicle breakdown insurance policy with no upper age limit.
The main aspects of the policy include:
Cover for cars and motorcycles of 150cc or over, and vans
up to a gross vehicle weight of 7500kgs.
- Breakdown assistance
Unlimited call outs during any 12 month period.
- Breakdown assistance and recovery in Europe
- Spare part location and dispatch
- Replacement vehicle up to 14 days
- Emergency accommodation up to £30 per person per night
- Vehicle repatriation to the UK up to £2,500
- Vehicle import duty
- Wheel changes
Subject to there being a serviceable spare tyre.
- Immediate cover
There is no activation period.
- A 14-day cooling-off period
During this time you may cancel the policy without incurring a penalty.
- The vehicle must be kept in a safe and roadworthy condition, regularly maintained and serviced
- Overnight accommodation for the driver and up to six passengers if the vehicle cannot be fixed on the day.
- Limited to £30 per person whilst vehicle is being repaired up to a maximum 2 nights and £150 total
- Covers wheel changes so long as you have a serviceable spare tyre or fixing kit and unlocking key if needed
- Covers the vehicle meaning any person that is insured to use the vehicle and has permission from the policyholder to drive is covered
- Autohome reserve the right to withdraw the service if it is abused, misused, or the vehicle is inadequately maintained
Significant exclusions and limitations
- The premium is not refundable after the 14 day cooling-off period.
- Costs of any service not arranged or agreed by Rescue Control Centre are not covered.
- Costs of the parts, components and materials used to repair a breakdown are not covered. You will be advised of this cost before installation.
- Severe and unusual conditions rendering access to the vehicle, such as off-road, sand, snow, or if specialist lifting equipment is required, may mean the service is unavailable and recovery may be arranged but will carry an extra cost.
- Transportation may not always be available for vehicles without adequate provisions for towing, winching or securing it to a transporter (e.g. modified vehicles).
- You must provide details of any intended European travel to your motor policy insurer (your insurers must have agreed to extend you motor policy) for the European service to operate.
- Service for vehicles used in racing, pace making, speed testing or any reliability trial, rally or competition.
Rescue Control Centre deliver the service. Cover is underwritten by Autohome, a major UK
Instalment options available. Typically £5.45 per month (over 12 instalments including £10.40 interest, total payable £65.40)
Typical premium example given includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current prevailing rate.