Typical cost* £21.55
How it works
Most policies these days will usually provide some provision for a courtesy vehicle. This is typically provided by comprehensive policies which are subject to you utilising your insurer’s approved repairer network and depends on availability of a courtesy vehicle.
This policy removes the uncertainty of access to a replacement vehicle for specific incidents and provides you with continued independence and the cost of alternative means of travel.
This policy will pay for the cost of hiring a replacement vehicle or provide you with a temporary replacement vehicle should your vehicle be either stolen, undrivable following attempted theft, arson, criminal damage or interference, or deemed a total loss.
- Replacement car or van
You can choose a class of vehicle and period of hire to suit your needs ranging between 14-28 days and Class A to Class D (or CV1 to CV3) vehicles.
- Maximum number of claims
Two claims can be made during the policy period.
- A 14-day cooling-off period
During this time the premium will be refunded in full subject to no claims having been made.
- You must first accept a replacement vehicle if offered by your insurers via an approved courtesy car facility.
- A third party, fire and theft insurance policy must be in force against which a claim must have been reported and claim reference obtained.
- Reasonable steps must be taken to mitigate the cost of a claim.
- All incidents, with the exception of road traffic accidents, must be reported to the Police and obtain a crime reference number.
- You must satisfy the age and licensing rules of the hire company that is chosen and must follow any conditions of hire.
- Replacement Vehicle claims must be reported to Nice 1 Ltd
Nice 1 Limited deliver the service Cover is underwritten by Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE.
Instalment options available. Typically £2.14 per month (over 12 instalments including £4.13 interest, total payable £25.68)
Typical premium example given includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current prevailing rate.
* This represents the typical cost of the basic product – other options with increased levels of protection are available to suit individual needs.