Most policies these days will usually provide some provision for a courtesy vehicle. This is typically subject to you utilising your insurer’s approved repairer network and depends on availability of a courtesy vehicle whilst your vehicle undergoes repair.
This policy removes the uncertainty of access to a replacement vehicle for specific incidents and provides you with continued independence and the cost of alternative means of travel.
This policy will pay for the cost of hiring a replacement vehicle or provide you with a temporary replacement vehicle should your vehicle be either stolen, undrivable following attempted theft, arson, criminal damage, or interference, involved in an accident with another vehicle, or deemed a total loss.
The main aspects of the policy include:
Replacement car or van
You can choose a class of vehicle and period of hire to suit your needs ranging between 14-28 days and Class A to Class D (or CV1 to CV3) vehicles.
Maximum number of claims
Two claims can be made during the policy period.
A 14-day cooling-off period
During this time the premium will be refunded in full subject to no claims having been made.
- You must first accept a replacement vehicle if offered by your insurers via an approved courtesy car facility
- A comprehensive insurance policy must be in force against which a claim must have been reported and claim reference obtained
- Reasonable steps must be taken to mitigate the cost of a claim
- All incidents, with the exception of road traffic accidents, must be reported to the Police and obtain a crime reference number
- You must satisfy the age and licensing rules of the hire company that is chosen and must follow any conditions of hire
- Replacement Vehicle claims must be reported to Nice 1 Ltd
Significant exclusions and limitations
- The premium is not refundable after the 14 day cooling-off period
- There is a 48 hour exclusion period if this policy is not taken out at the same time as the primary comprehensive insurance policy
- Vehicle hire costs incurred before a claim is accepted are not covered.
- Fuel, fares, fines and penalties relating to hire vehicle are not covered
- Claims relating to theft of contents or belongings from the vehicle are not covered.
- Claims resulting from theft or vandalism that have not been reported to the Police are not covered
- There is a £30 policy excess for each and every claim
- A valid Driving Licence (with no more than one 6-month period of disqualification) must be held
- The policy cannot be transferred to another vehicle, if you sell your vehicle cover will end
Nice 1 Limited deliver the service. Cover is underwritten by UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) SE.
Instalment options available. Typically £2.48 per month (over 12 instalments including £4.76 interest, total payable £29.76)
Typical premium example given includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current prevailing rate.
* This represents the typical cost of the basic product – other options with increased levels of protection are available to suit individual needs.