Most available policies are usually subject to a customer paying an amount of excess when making a claim. The Excess Protect policy is designed to repay that policy excess.
In the event of an accident where there is no doubt you are not at fault, you may be able to recover your excess from the third party responsible. However, this process can take a long time to complete.
This Excess Protect policy will replay your excess even if you are deemed to be at fault or liability is being disputed.
You can choose a limit to suit your needs. For example, a policy with a limit of £1,000 would allow for four claims to be made during the policy year should your main policy excess be set at £250.
This policy is designed to provide a refund for any excess you might pay in making a claim against your motor insurance premium.
The main aspects of the policy include:
Choose from different levels of cover including £300, £500, £750 or £1,000.
Premiums start from £50 for 12 months cover for a £300 limit.
Cover whilst the vehicle is being used for social, domestic and pleasure, and personal business use by you, or business use on behalf of your employer.
The policy covers the excess paid under the main policy by the policy holder. This means it includes named drivers covered under the policy.
A 14-day cooling-off period
During this time you may cancel the policy without incurring a penalty.
- You must be a UK resident.
- The Excess Protect policy must be taken out at the same time as your main motor insurance policy.
- For immediate cover to apply the Excess Protect policy must be taken out at the same time as your main motor insurance policy.
- You must notify AXA Assistance (UK) Ltd of all claims within 31 days of paying the excess under your main motor insurance policy.
Significant exclusions and limitations
- There is a £15 administrative charge if the policy is cancelled after 14 days.
- There is no cover during the first 30 days of taking out the Excess Protection policy if it’s not taken out at the same time as the main motor insurance policy.
- There is no cover for claims lower than the excess amount under the main motor insurance policy.
- There is no cover for excess claims specifically arising from breakdown, incorrect fuelling, motor windscreen repair or replacement, or any glass repair or replacement.
Nice 1 Limited deliver the service. It is underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance SA, a subsidiary of the multinational AXA Group, and administered by AXA Assistance (UK) Ltd.
*Premium includes Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) at the current prevailing rate.
* This represents the typical cost of the basic product – other options with increased levels of protection are available to suit individual needs.